Satna is a city in the Satna District of Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is home for district's administrative headquarters.
Satna is in the limestone belts of India. As a result, it contributes around 8%–9% of India's total cement production. There is an abundance of dolomite and limestone in the area and the city has ten cement factories producing and exporting cement to other parts of the country. The electrical cable company Universal Cables in Satna is among the pioneers in the country. The city of Satna is known as the commercial capital of Baghelkhand. The city is among the few most promising cities of Madhya Pradesh because of the several new industries planned by some of the reputed industrial houses in the country. The city has witnessed a sharp growth in the post-liberalization era (after 1993). Major problems faced by the city may include, inter alia: inadequate electricity, poor road conditions, and air pollution from atmospheric wastes of cement factories. Satna is known as the cement city of India
Satna district has major sites of archaeological, religious and tourist interest.
- ChitraKoot. The place where Ramamyan was written. Very nice place to visit for greenery and to see ancient caves where Lord Ram spent around 12 years with his wife Sita and brother Lakshman. Here you can see River MANDANINI Ramghat, Tulsi Mandir, Bharat Milap, Bharat Koop, H Dhara Mountain, Kamadgiri mountain etc. Very nice place for pilgrims. On Amavasya and Purnima you'll get heavy crowd in Chitrakoot.
- Maihar. Sharda Mata temple.
- Dharkundi. Not many people know, but it is a wonderful place.swami shachchita nand g maharaj
- Ramban, 15 km from Satna on Rewa Road. Ancient remains of temples and Hanumanji Mandir
- Beersinghpur ,30 km from satna on semariya road ancient remains of temples and shiv mandir gaivi nath dham
- Bandhavgarh National Park, GTV Resort, Near Petrol Pump, Tala, 140 km from Satna on Shahdol Road
Satna Junction railway station is a station in the Western-Central railway division on the route between Jabalpur Junction and Allahabad.
Satna has an airstrip called Satna Airstrip, built in 1970. The nearest major airport to Satna is Jabalpur Airport which is approximately 200 kilometers from the city. Other nearest airport is Khajuraho airport which is approximately 112 kilometer from city.